Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Heartbeats!!!

We saw the baby's heartbeat today!!! We're 6 weeks along, and due Jan 15th! Woohoo!!!! Just thought we'd share. No Ice Cream or excercising for me for a few weeks.. That's gonna suck!!!

10 comments:

Stillman and Michelle said...

Yea! That's so great!

Vernie and Tony said...

That is so exciting! Chris is pumped, I can tell! We pray every night that all will go well! It all sound good so far so rest and take care of yourself. NO ICE CREAM AND NO EXERCISING (at least not excessive) will help ya hang on to that precious little he/she.

Love ya

Unknown said...

I know I said it on FB too, but

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

*another dance of joy*

I know I'm just being nosy or stubborn, but why no ice cream? I've never heard of that before! (Which I must say I'm glad for, LOL...) Can you do no-impact stuff like walking or prenatal yoga?

Heather said...

very cool guys. A new year, a new baby! My vote is for a boy, because Scott had a boy first, Traci had a boy first, I had a boy first, and mom and dad had a boy first....so that is where I am getting my choice from. Of course I would be thrilled with a new niece or nephew!

CPTA said...

Thanks Michelle! Thanks Moma Verne! Every little prayer helps. I'm still a little nervouse, but a little more relaxed about our pregnancy. Krista, I can see you dancing away! hehe. As for the restrictions, my doc's pretty strict about excessive weight gain and from what happened last year, he wants to be on the safe side for the next 6 weeks, but after that, I'll be doing prenatal yoga and everything! Heather, I would love it if you were right. I too would love to have a boy first, we shall see!!!

Curtis and Deedra said...

Yay! That's so exciting! When you can hear that little heart beat for the first time, reality kind of hits you and it's so amazing to think there's a little tiny person growing inside you. I have never heard of the no ice cream thing either. I'm surprised my doctor never told me to watch my weight gain since I gained 40 lbs with my first and 50 lbs with the 2nd. I did the best with my 3rd by only gaining 37. And I'm delighted to say I have now lost all of it!

Walking is definitely the best exercise whether you are pregnant or not, but be on the safe side and listen to your doc. I did a lot more walking this pregnancy and it helped me not gain so much weight.

Good luck!!!

Stillman and Michelle said...

I just throw up the whole time to keep my weight gain down. I gained 30 with Alex and only 15 with Jayden. Now inbetween the two pregnancies is where I need the work.

the potter zoo said...

CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you guys. It's pretty amazing isnt' it? Hearing baby heartbeat. Well take it easy, listen to your body and rest!

ChrisandTamara said...

January due date - how exciting! Congrats! How neat to see the baby's heartbeat too! (Going along with your last post: I have a friend that had a miscarriage and is now pregnant again. She said that she felt different with the two pregnancies too. She said it didn't feel like she was pregnant the 1st time and she didn't have the pregnancy symptoms very much and she has had them a lot with this pregnancy. Interesting. It's like your bodies knew the pregnancies were not going to take when you both had the miscarriages).

Jill and Scott said...

I'm super excited for you guys, but I can't believe no ice cream! That is just wrong! Can't wait to see pics of your growing belly as the pregnancy progresses!