Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wonderful Weekend!

It's 4 days away 'til Christmas... wow time flies. This weekend was great! Chris celebrated the big 30 on Saturday, and we celebrated it with Christmas shopping! We also did laundry, and got stuck on the freeway traveling maybe 1/2 a mile for one hour. There are a lot of people going "south" for Christmas and the freeway was packed towards the bridge. But it was a nice day. 85 too! We would like to see some snow here, but I don't think that that will happen.

I am now taking a calling to be the 2nd Counselor to the President of Primary! The little ones seem to like me already. I hope that I can do my best with this calling, and I know that I'm going to love it! hehe!!! The weather has taken a turn today as well. It's about 65 'ish or so... and we're all wearing coats and jackets.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Jill and Scott said...

Happy belated birthday Chris. I am a terrible sister-in-law! hope you can forgive me. Princess, you are going to be great at that calling. Of course the kids love you! You should be getting your Christmas card in the mail soon. Love you guys. Sorry you are in the 65 degree weather. We only got like a half foot of snow here today. Crazy!

Stillman and Michelle said...

oh that is a fun calling! Happy Birthday Chris! I celebrate my 30th in a couple of weeks. Yikes!

Heather said...

That should be a fun calling- Jon and I teach the 12-14 year olds- however, there are only two boys that usually show up! A big class is 3! ha ha. Good luck with it. Hope you two have a great Christmas. Should be fun to celebrate it in your new home.

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! Primary ROCKS. :-) You'll do such a great job, Princess!!! :-) You are SO loving - and that's what kids really need! :-)

So glad you had a wonderful birthday time together, too!!! :-) And *very* glad the weather was decent for being stuck in traffic! ;-)

Curtis and Deedra said...

Happy birthday Chris! Congrats on your new calling Princess. You'll do great and the kids will love you!

Curtis and Deedra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vernie and Tony said...

Happy Belated Birthday son #2! We love you and your sweet little wife who by the way will do awesome at her Primary calling! The little kiddies will absolutely adore you as we all do!

ChrisandTamara said...

Happy Birthday Chris - I turned 30 this year too (Tamara). Love your Christmas photo - got ours in the mail today. Merry Christmas!