Friday, December 26, 2008

WOW

It was a great Chistmas! Chris and I and the pups were able to spend the whole day together! Chris was lucky enough to get Christmas Eve and Christmas day off this year. Which... may not happened again for a while. So we opened gifts Christmas morning. Chris was very pleased with what he got from Santa and I got all teary eyed with the best surprise at the end (when I though we were done). Well Chris paced around pretending to search for this gift he thought was misplaced and handed me a little box of guitar picks.. I said "But I don't have a guitar" (duh) Chris carried me to the spare bedroom and set me on my feet, opened the door and literally I said... "Baby..." tears... more tears... then..."I'm speechless!" I was looking at an incredible Black guitar on its own stand. I really didn't know what to say! I could think of anything else but... he really wants me to play and sing again! What a thoughtful guy he is... I picked it up and started strumming.

I got wonderful gifts this Christmas. But the guitar topped it off! So, we had our Christmas breakfast.. Pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Went to watch Marley and Me... we loved the movie! Chris doesn't want me to mention that he teared up, so I won't. But man! If you own a pet, or have ever own a dog.. You've got to see the movie! It's based on a true story. I think you'd enjoy it! Bring the kids along.. it's worth it! Then we prepped a wonderful Honey glazed ham, Chris made mashed potatoes, I balled up some cheese balls and had some corn! I think we could have fed about 4-5 people. But we won't be needing to eat out for a while! It was delicious!

6 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

That is so awesome! I can't wait to here you sing and play the guitar! If you have a talent like that, you should share it :)

Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

sounds great. I didn't know you played the guitar- I have one, but have no clue how to play. too bad you don't live closer - you could teach me! Yes, Chris is a nice guy! Glad you had a good day together. Miss and love you guys.

Jill and Scott said...

I'm so glad Chris had the day off! Sounds like you had a great Christmas! I'm excited to hear you sing and play the guitar! That is awesome! Miss you guys!

Vernie and Tony said...

That is wonderful! Nothing like having a 1st Christmas together as a married couple and finding the surprises haven't ended! So happy you will be continuing with that wonderful talent you have and like all the others, can't wait to hear you sing again!

ChrisandTamara said...

What a great surprise! Glad you had a great Christmas! Ditto - I can't wait to hear you sing too.

the potter zoo said...

Aaw, what a nice surprise. I love the thoughtful gifts like that. Very sweet. Happy New Year and we'll see you in November (if not sooner).