Tuesday, May 10, 2011

X Factor 2011

As most of you know,  I (PJ) have had the the pleasure of auditioning to 5 vocal competitions.  American Idol - second season, America's Got Talent 3 years in a row.  I sent a video in the first time and the other two times, I found out that we were pregnant.  This last audition was held here in Laredo.  It was called, Audition Pass for X Factor.  Meaning...  120 contestants from the city of Laredo will all compete for 4 passes.  The passes would mean that the 4 lucky ones will have an automatic audition on front of the X Factor producers in Dallas, TX on May 26.  I am one of the four!

Below is my audition at the TAMIU (International) campus.  I sang "Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin.  (Chris hates that song by the way)  There were as few talented singers!  Come to find out, a lot of them thought I was in the 16 year old bracket.  As in, they all that I was around their age!  Very flattering. 12 years is a little off though.  Still flattering.  haha.

"Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin"


We as a family will be flying out to Dallas, compliments of FOX 39, on May 25th.  The one night stay is paid for as well!  This is a big thing for me.  I've narrowed my song choices to 3.  Now I'm off to look for outfits to wear.  We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

I am so EXCITED FOR YOU!!! And the whole family for that matter!! A free trip to Dallas for all of you is pretty darn awesome!! BLOW THEIR MINDS PJ!!
Can't wait to hear your next choices!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! :) Congrats again, and we are so happy for you! How exciting!!! Good luck, and enjoy the trip!!! :) We're excited for the next stage, and we'll be crossing our fingers for you on the 25th! :)

ChrisandTamara said...

Congratulations! You sound great! That is so exciting!