
I didn't know that car seats expired. Maybe because I don't pay attention. The car seat on the left was given to us by Scott & Jill, which was given to them by a friend. Tristan got some great use out of it, many road trips etc. Ariana has used it since birth too! I just so happened to flip it over one day and this little sticker read, Do not use after December 2010. Hmmm... I had to look it up. So, I went here.
Today, while we were out for lunch with a group of friends and their kids, I asked a mother what she thought I should do with my expired car seat. Should I get rid of it ASAP? Or can I hold off for a few more weeks. (Til Chris comes home and we can shop for a new one together). She immediately said, "Get rid of it, it's pretty dangerous for a child to be in a car accident (especially here with the Laredo drivers) that has expired." Fortunately enough, another mom had 2 she wasn't using anymore. Her son outgrew both! He's only 9 months and he's in a big boy car seat already. So, she gave us the one on the right! It matches our double stroller much better. =) The stripes are actually green, but they look blue in the picture.
Thanks! To both of the mommas that graciously handed these two seats to us.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7
4 comments:
I didn't know car seats had expiration dates. Kinda funny since they aren't food. So nice to have friends to help you out with that though.
WOW!! Did no know that either but I'm glad Jill and your other friend were able to pass on the seats! YAY!!
Heh... yeah, and now they're supposed to stay rear-facing until age 2, right? Maybe that'll open up an industry of removable-back bench seats or something, for kids' legs who simply don't fit backwards before age 2. Baby gear is just so... hmm... maybe "expiration-intensive" is a good word. Glad you were able to find some un-expired ones, and especially for free! :)
By the way, Jayden agrees that Ari is super cute!!
Post a Comment