Thursday, August 27, 2009

Friends

I had lunch at Olive Garden with a gal from church today. I really needed the company. Chris and Jerry (her husband) are both training for different things for their work. Jerry comes back 2 days sooner than Chris; I'm sure having each other there was comforting. We ended up dining for about 2 hours just chatting, and she's going to throw me a Baby Shower! That made me so much happier!! She's a very nice girl... and just her company alone made my day. It's been real tough for me these past few days with Chris being gone. I'm missing him more and more. Not being able to talk to him on a regular basis is tough too! But I am able to send him text messages with words of encouragement and such, to keep him going!! I really hope that the next 31 days go by fast.

4 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

Oh, I'm so happy that someone there is going to give you a shower! That makes me happy too!
Wish you could fly home for one here! We may have to have one after the fact when your back in Idaho! (he may be 3 years old but who cares) LOL We are going to the temple tonight! I'll remember you and Chris! Love you, hang in there and hang out with your friend lots for the next 31 days!

Curtis and Deedra said...

That's great to find a friend right there to keep each other company. And I just realized from looking at the top of your blog that you guys picked a name for your baby. I like it!
Sure wish we could have a baby shower for you here :) Hang in there and just try to keep yourself busy so you won't think about missing your hubby. That's what I do. If I don't think about Curtis being gone and how much I miss him then it helps time go by faster.

Curtis and Deedra said...

Oh, I guess it wasn't at the top of your blog, it was the little tab on the browser that said "Chris, Princess and Tristan"..hehe

CPTA said...

Thank-you both! Deedra, I'll take that thought into consideration. I really need to find a way to not be so down.

The baby shower will be nice...