Saturday, May 24, 2008

Advise

Chris and I bought a few books to help us through our pregnancy; Your Pregnancy Week by Week - DR. G. Curtis and The Expectant Father - A. Brott & J. Ash,  We also bought Baby Mozart by Baby Einstein. For the baby to listen to once he has developed his ears and brain.  hehe.   

I was just wondering what other advise you ladies might have for me...  I have horrible morning sickness now, I feel miserable all the time!  Chris's book is great to read for a few remedies,  and it helps him to better understand what I'm going through as well, but I just feel like poop!  I'm always tired, sleepy and nauseated!  I thought I could be one of the lucky ones to NOT go through this.  Chris is very understanding, but I think I need the help hehe.

Hurley seems to be our little mischievous one today, he's going into the hamper and taking out our soiled laundry and playing with it!  I'm finding articles of clothing everywhere!  (Chris's tank, my work socks *stinky*)  But all in all, they make me happy. 

5 comments:

Christa said...

speaking of laundry snatcher...My sis's dog Evan was a panty snatcher...pervo! lol Hopefully Hurley gets out of that stage :) It was so good to talk to you today, I will call you tonight hopefully! Hope you're feeling better :)

Unknown said...

Love the week-by-week book! Much friendlier than other ones I've read. Hard candy (Preggie Pops/Preggie Pop Drops... Vitamin C drops or Jolly Ranchers if you can't find the Preggie Pops) helped me with morning sickness; just a little sugar to keep your body sane, but not enough to upset your tummy. Citrus-flavored was best for me, but you'll find what works for you! :-)

Also, if you're sicker when you *don't* eat, you might try those protein/carb shakes for bkfst - that's all I could stomach for a while, but it kept the low-blood-sugar pukeys at bay! Just little things to keep something light in your tummy will help (as long as they don't irritate said tummy! ;-).

Prenatal vitamins tend to be high in iron, which is not nice to your tummy - taking them with a juice (Vitamin C again - I liked apple) will help your body absorb the iron more gently. Meals are also a good buffer, but even just a glass of juice with your vitamin before bed might help (sleeping through nausea WORKS! ;-)

And if it gives you hope, major morning sickness is a very good sign!!! :-) Happy pregnancy hormones are doing their work :-). Sorry you're feeling so miserable, though - hope something helps soon! If not, like I said, you can sleep through nausea... ;-).

Heather said...

My friend who is also pregnant was having really bad morning/day sickness and she swears by B6 and Unisom- she said combining the two has made her feel 100% better! Those are both pills- I imagine you can find them by the pharmacy. I did not get very sick- I barfed once the 1st trimester. Advice people gave me- ginger ale, jolly ranchers, Gatorade- a little frozen so it's slushy like, saltine crackers by your bed to nibble on in the morning :0) I would go with the two pills I mentioned above- like I said, my friend was miserable and those have helped her a ton! Good luck getting through the first 3 months- you will regain some energy when you are in your 2nd trimester :0) Enjoy your reading (I couldn't pay Jon to read a book- so go Chris!) BUT he does sing to the baby every now and then. Hope you find some cures that work for you!

Curtis and Deedra said...

Well, I don't think there's much more I could add to that. One thought that crossed my mind is trying the BRAT diet. Bananas, Apples, Rice, Toast or just anything bland. That's what is suggested when my kids have upset tummies so maybe it will help with morning sickness too, I don't know. I was like Heather and didn't really get sick. I would get sick to my stomach sometimes but never threw up.

And yes, it's a good sign that you are having morning sickness. Lets hope that baby is very healthy!

Stillman and Michelle said...

Hey I get sick my whole pregnancy.
so here is what I did. It sounds similar to everyone else, so it must work. My Dr. says take B6 so don't be sick. Also popsycles. Jollyranchers anything lemon flavored. Anything with ginger in it, Ginger Ale, Ginger snaps. my sister would just sniff lemons and ginger and it helped. Rest. Keep your tummy full but not stuffed, six small meals instead of three.